Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Did someone just get pickled?


Hello everyone! Welcome back to Mixers for you Mixer! Spring Break has come and gone for now, and now is the time to fill you all in on some of the most interesting mix drinks I was able to try while on break. As a sports fan, its only natural to visit a sports bar of some kind during a sporting event. During a hockey game this past week, I decided to meet a few friends at the local Hooter's of Lake Norman, NC. After about a period of play, we decided to start ordering a few drinks. Looking through their mixed-drink menu, I came across shooter that was called "Getting Pickled". At first, I thought this was a some kind of joke, but after asking around, it apparently was real. Considering that whiskey is the drink of the week and kind of a new drink to me, I though I would give it a try.

"Getting Pickled" is a simple shooter that consists of the following ingredients:
Jameson Irish Whiskey
Pickle Juice

Step #1:
Pour a double-shot of Jameson Irish Whiskey into a small glass

A true Irish whiskey


Step #2;
In a separate glass, pour 3 oz. of pickle juice into it.

Just what I like to chase liquor with


From my experience, the Jameson whiskey has such a smooth texture and flavor, it seems a little much to chase it with pickle juice, but it is part of the drink mix. I'm looking forward to finding more interesting mixers out there. Below you can find a small video on Jameson Irish whiskey. Until next mixers, Happy Mixing!


4 comments:

  1. I love pickle juice! But I had never thought of mixing it with alcohol. I'm not sure about mixing it with whiskey however. I might have to try vodka though!:) It seems like it would help cover the burning sensation of the alcohol going down, and that's always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the comment Hannah. Mixing vodka and pickle juice actually is a drink as well. Depending on how its served, you could always do a pickle shot or have a pickle-tini. You should try when ya get the chance to!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really good drink but I don't know about the pickle juice. Is there something else you can use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Raven. Thanks for the comment. I believe that this was just an in-house drink for this location. There are plenty of other chasers that I;m sure you could use but it would be that specific drink. The pickle juice is part of that drink.

    ReplyDelete